Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Good Summer's Day!

Well, it's been a long time coming but I'm finally catching up with myself, the kids and the house, so we were able to have a productive, then relaxing & guilt-free day!

DD attended a breastfeeding/nutrition class while DS and I got showered and ready to spend the day at the city pool. Everyone was ready about the same time and we hit the pool long before the parking lot filled up. Water was cold at first, but it wasn't long before DS and I were 'sommersaulting' under water! We had lunch at the concession stand (pizza, ghastly if you ask me) and came home for some R&R before supper and DD's birthing class.

DS went across the street to play with his future GF, lol, and DD went home to rest. All alone in the house, I read the paper, plotted tomorrow's yard-sailing route and started supper. I've been trying new recipes pretty regularly lately, so tonight we had Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich from this website: http://thepioneerwoman.com . Ree cooks food that appeals to the 'meat and potatoes' in me, but I'm sure she works harder than I ever would! If you get a chance, be sure to read the Love Story on her site!

So DD is at her Birthing class with her 'Coach Extraordinaire', DS is still with his girl, the dishes are done, the laundry is folded, the carpet is swept and the dogs are napping. In spite of the washer being broken, the car needing repairs and the weeds needing whacked, all is well in our world!

Pictures coming soon...

2 comments:

. said...

It sounds like you had a nice, summer day.

Lisa said...

Sure did beadhound, thanks for commenting!